Thursday, April 20, 2006

No, I don't need a reason....

Lately, I've been coming up with a variety of designs for my Barry's World Store that are targeted at specific audiences and, to be honest, are just attempts to sell something [anything!]. Every once in a while, though, I just can't resist the urge to create something wacky and surreal for no other reason than the fact that the idea makes me giggle. Hence my latest creation, which I lovingly refer to as the "Tongue Burster" design.

Does it serve any socially relevant purpose? Does it have any particular meaning? Is anybody likely to actually buy it on a t-shirt, hat or mug? No, no, and probably not. But when it comes right down to it, none of that really matters. I create art primarily to amuse myself, and actually selling my art (while certainly nice) is an afterthought. Fortunately, I'm not doing this for a living, as I certainly would have starved to death years ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home