Monday, May 01, 2006

Warped Earth Designs

Sometimes, as an artist, I feel the need to express myself on a slightly larger canvas. And what could be larger than the entire world? Maybe it's the megalomania that is inherent in all creative people, but something about warping the Earth to my own desires just makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl.

I didn't set out to create a whole section of "Warped Earth" designs, of course. My first experiment in Earth warping was my Christian Earth design, which I created for a Worth1000 contest entitled "Religious Shapes" (the point was to change the shape of something in a picture to that of a religious icon).

Next came my World Peas design, which was also done for a Worth1000 contest (this time for one called "Visual puns").

The rest of the designs, however, were not done for any particular purpose and just struck my fancy at the time. At the moment, in addition to "Christian Earth" and "World Peas", I've got Canned Earth (which I talked about earlier), Peace on Earth and Earth Cubed. Something tells me I'll be adding more designs in the near future, as I just can't resist the occasional temptation to play God....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home