Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No Lawns for Oil!

So anyway, my wife and I have started the painful process of looking for our next home. There's no immediate rush, but our son is now 16 months old and the town where we currently live doesn't have a particularly good school system. In fact, it has a truly awful school system.

The hard part, of course, is finding a house that meets all of our current "needs": affordable, in a good school system, and a convenient commute for both my wife and me. I've been browsing the Interet real estate ads and finally found what I thought might be a great candidate. My wife nixed it, though, because it had a large front lawn. You see, she doesn't want to spend the money to hire somebody to cut it, and she apparently doesn't trust me when I say I would be willing and able to cut it myself. After much discussion, I think I finally convinced her that I'm up to the task.

It did get me thinking, though....

If we were to buy a house with a large front lawn and I decided I really didn't want to mow it, I'd need a pretty darn impressive excuse to weasel out of my promised husbandly duties. And then it hit me -- the high price of gas! I'm not lazy, I'll tell her, I'm just doing my part to conserve gasoline in this time of crisis.

Hmmmmm.... Think she'll buy it?

1 Comments:

Blogger MeanMrMustard said...

Speaking as someone who regularly uses one of these ... nope.

Friday, June 16, 2006 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home